Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Winter Months Leave Us Longing for Refreshment

Winter months leave us longing for color and refreshment in our lives. When springtime
finally arrives, we are often in awe of nature and all of the daily miracles that unfold
before our eyes with the changing of brown to green, cold to warm, sticks to leaves, and bitter wind to warm sunshine.

Perhaps more than anything, the changing of seasons gives is HOPE. Hope that our day of darkness will not last forever. Hope that tomorrow is one more step forward in the journey towards healing. Hope that every day is a miracle. Hope that my miracle is waiting to unfold right before my very eyes!

If you are feeling lost in a sea of grief today, please remind yourself that winter does not last forever. Spring does arrive, and when it does, it will bring with it a refreshing new time of nurturing and hope! --Clara Hinton

“Today I will trust that my season of grief will turn into a season of renewed hope, peace, and new found joy.” –C. Hinton

“The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” -Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment