Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nature Speaks Volumes to us about Faith and Hope!

There are times in our lives when our faith seems to fly right out the window. Life can hand us some brutal circumstances and we’re left feeling like we’re drifting out to sea without a life jacket or a captain to steer the boat. It’s a terrible feeling of being lost and shipwrecked.

If you’re facing some of the harshness of the day such as job loss, financial insecurities, broken relationships, or the loss of a loved one, that’s the time when you most need your faith and hope. But, how does that happen when all looks dark?

During my own desert times of faith I’ve done two things that have helped me, and I’ll share them with you. I’ve saturated myself in the Psalms. There are cries of hopelessness followed by the assurance that God is alive and real. And, that’s just what we need whenever the unrelenting seas of grief and pain are battering us.

I also walk among nature. Just seeing the many wonders of nature is calming to my soul. Nature is God’s display of His wondrous love and care and power. Nature speaks volumes to us about hope. The seasons come and go, and we know that there is always a spring that follows the depths of winter.

Hope is alive, and hope is the key to restoring our faith. Faith and hope are the keys to survival! When obstacles and trials seem like prison walls, we can break free by clinging onto our hope in the power of the Almighty! --Clara Hinton

“When there seems to be no chance of being set free from my grief, hope bathes my soul with new strength and I am set free!” --Clara Hinton

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment