Monday, August 23, 2010

And, the Clouds Reach Out to Me in Hope!

Today is another day in the 365 days that make up a year. I find myself being swallowed in a sea of grief and pain today, yet I have an inner knowing that somehow, someway it is still going to be good. I know because I have seen another sunrise. I know because I have experienced the joy of hearing the birds in the distance chirping their songs of praise and thankfulness. I know because I’ve seen others fall into a similar sea and come out onto dry land strong, and filled with new hope.

My greatest moment of “knowing” comes when I look at creation. Not all of us have the opportunity to walk along the sea, or to pick wildflowers from a field, but
each one of us has the sky! Can you even begin to fathom the expanse? Study the moods of the sky by following the clouds and their many changes from dark to white and fluffy billows of cotton floating through the air.

When I look at the heavens I am filled with hope! I know that I have a Creator who takes great pain in every detail, including the very details of my life. I can feel His presence in my life, and I am comforted. I can see His workmanship and know that He is very involved in my life. I can see His mighty power in all of His creation and I feel embraced in His strength.

What are you going through today? Pain? Doubts? Loss? Fear? Look to the heavens and allow the Maker of it all to hold you in His strong arms and to keep you safe! Hope is near. Strength is yours. Peace is your gift today! --Clara Hinton

“Beneath the vast expanse of the sky, I can sense the order of the world and feel secure in the arms of my God.” --C. Hinton

“My soul clings to Thee; thy right hand upholds me.” -Psalm 63:8

No comments:

Post a Comment