Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words!

When despondency creeps in and you feel like there is no way out of the dismal state that you’re in, it’s time to stop and look about you. Take in the sights and sounds of nature and be reminded Who made the earth and all that is within it. Remind yourself that every creature, both great and small, has meaning and is genuinely loved and cared for by his Creator. That means you, too!

Many times we fall into a state of feeling hopeless because our hearts hurt so much that we cannot ever imagine life without pain. Take time to reflect on past joys and remind yourself often of the rainbow. It is a promise of hope from our heavenly Father. Think of the butterfly that emerges out of the dark cocoon at exactly the right moment. Remind yourself that hope is stronger than your fear.

I, like you, have gone through times of despair and darkness in my own life. To help me remember that I have a loving Father who watches over me, I began planting and caring for flowers. I also photograph those flowers and scenes from nature and as I look at those pictures, I am reminded that hope is alive! Place visual reminders of hope all around you, and when you do you will feel your heart replenished and filled with new hope! --Clara Hinton

“A picture is worth a thousand words, so choose your pictures wisely.” --Clara Hinton

“Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” --John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment